Serve at Calvary and in the community.
Make a difference in the world that God made by volunteering at any time. We have opportunities for you to join us in service in-person and on-campus throughout the week (while doing so safely under Covid-19 restrictions). You can also serve the church and community online on the weekend and throughout the week. We are able to offer you one-on-one coaching or small group training, while adhering to safe physical distancing guidelines of online via video conferencing.
One area of focus for our Mission Outreach ministry is Food Insecurity. Check out these videos showing our Calvary Cares Food Drive Program and making Sack Lunches for those in need.
CLC Solana Beach | Calvary Cares food drive - YouTube
CLC Solana Beach | God's Work. Our Hands. Sack Lunches outreach. - YouTube
April 22-25, 2023 – God’s Work. Our Hands. Spring Edition
We are excited to come together as a church to help others in our community and demonstrate God’s love in action. We welcome your participation at any level!
There are many projects to choose from including some that can be done at home on your own schedule and either individually, with your family, or in a small group.
Check the project listings below, which have details on each service project, including when and where. Donations are also welcome. Choose one (or more!) and sign up.
To Sign Up:
- Visit the Mission Outreach Table in the Courtyard on Sundays.
- Go to Sign-up Genius by using the QR codes
- Email Teresa Kaldor at email@example.com
Download the GWOH Spring 2023 Project List or click here to view the projects.
Once you sign up, the project leader will contact you with further information. Also, this year, a light lunch will be available directly after the service on Sunday for those staying to help with projects.
Volunteering at TACO
Prayer Shawl Ministry and Quilting for Uplifting
Helping Afghan Refugees: Download information about local efforts here.
Helping Ukrainians: Lutheran Disaster Response is accompanying our companion churches in Ukraine, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia, as well as such ecumenical partners as the Lutheran World Federation and Church World Service, in their humanitarian responses to the crisis. These partners provide refugees with immediate support and supplies such as food, blankets, water and hygiene kits. For more information, go to: Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (elca.org).
Join a ministry team:
- Children, Youth & Family Ministry: this team of youth and adults mobilizes people and families for spiritual growth, community, and service through age-specific ministries.
- Faith Formation Ministry: teach classes or facilitate small group ministry
- Lay Care Ministry: visit those who are homebound or in recovery from an illness or surgery
- Parish Nurse Ministry: provides education, including CPR; health counseling, patient advocacy, help with referrals, a health screening team, emergency response team, and facilitates the development of support groups. This ministry seeks to promote understanding of the relationship between faith and help.
- Prayer Shawl Ministry: learn how to knit prayer shawls and blankets to give to those in need of comfort and prayer
- Worship Ministry: participate in worship services by becoming an usher, a reader, a sound board operator, an acolyte, or part of the altar preparations team
- Welcome Ministry: work with others to make sure our campus and organization are a welcoming community to all
- Music Ministry: modern instrumental and vocal ensemble group, women's choir, soloists, create a group
- Mission Outreach Ministry: coordinates service in and with our local and global communities.
For information email Teresa.
All materials, a script, and the station manual will be provided.