Serve at Calvary and in the community.
Make a difference in the world that God made by volunteering at any time. We have opportunities for you to join us in service in-person and on-campus throughout the week (while doing so safely under Covid-19 restrictions). You can also serve the church and community online on the weekend and throughout the week. We are able to offer you one-on-one coaching or small group training, while adhering to safe physical distancing guidelines of online via video conferencing.
One area of focus for our Mission Outreach ministry is Food Insecurity. Check out these videos showing our Calvary Cares Food Drive Program and making Sack Lunches for those in need.
CLC Solana Beach | Calvary Cares food drive - YouTube
CLC Solana Beach | God's Work. Our Hands. Sack Lunches outreach. - YouTube
March 5 - 1:00 pm. Sign up to Learn CPR! Fellowship Hall, Calvary Lutheran Church
Sign up for a class to help you to be prepared for an emergency. Having these skills will give you the confidence you need to run to help in an emergency!
Save a life by performing bystander CPR, First Aid for choking, and using an AED. Take this course that teaches hands only Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), use of Automated Electronic Defibrillator (AED) and First Aid.
Instruction by CPR Chicks (Website: San Diego CPR Classes | CPR Chicks )
Price of Class: $40 per person. The minimum attendance for this price is 20+
Payment is due at time of registration. Make checks out to Calvary Lutheran Church, memo line: CPR class
April 22-23 – God’s Work. Our Hands. Weekend: Spring Edition
Volunteering at TACO
Prayer Shawl Ministry and Quilting for Uplifting
Helping Afghan Refugees: Download information about local efforts here.
Helping Ukrainians: Lutheran Disaster Response is accompanying our companion churches in Ukraine, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia, as well as such ecumenical partners as the Lutheran World Federation and Church World Service, in their humanitarian responses to the crisis. These partners provide refugees with immediate support and supplies such as food, blankets, water and hygiene kits. For more information, go to: Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (elca.org).
Thank you for helping with Christmas Angels!!!
The Angels ministry assists local enlisted families experiencing severe financial hardship. Families stationed here are often unprepared for the high cost of living and the challenges of being separated from the support of family back home. Recent inflation has made ‘making ends meet’ even more difficult.
We partner with Support the Enlisted Project (STEP) to assist families while they work to stabilize their financial situation. Some are participating in STEP’s financial literacy course, with the goal of becoming debt-free and self-sufficient.
Thank you to everyone who supported this ministry this past Christmas!
Join a ministry team:
- Children, Youth & Family Ministry: this team of youth and adults mobilizes people and families for spiritual growth, community, and service through age-specific ministries.
- Faith Formation Ministry: teach classes or facilitate small group ministry
- Lay Care Ministry: visit those who are homebound or in recovery from an illness or surgery
- Parish Nurse Ministry: provides education, including CPR; health counseling, patient advocacy, help with referrals, a health screening team, emergency response team, and facilitates the development of support groups. This ministry seeks to promote understanding of the relationship between faith and help.
- Prayer Shawl Ministry: learn how to knit prayer shawls and blankets to give to those in need of comfort and prayer
- Worship Ministry: participate in worship services by becoming an usher, a reader, a sound board operator, an acolyte, or part of the altar preparations team
- Welcome Ministry: work with others to make sure our campus and organization are a welcoming community to all
- Music Ministry: modern instrumental and vocal ensemble group, women's choir, soloists, create a group
- Mission Outreach Ministry: coordinates service in and with our local and global communities.
For information email Teresa.
All materials, a script, and the station manual will be provided.