Serve at Calvary and in the community.
Make a difference in the world that God made by volunteering at any time. We have opportunities for you to join us in service in-person and on-campus throughout the week (while doing so safely under Covid-19 restrictions). You can also serve the church and community online on the weekend and throughout the week. We are able to offer you one-on-one coaching or small group training, while adhering to safe physical distancing guidelines of online via video conferencing.
One area of focus for our Mission Outreach ministry is Food Insecurity. Check out these videos showing our Calvary Cares Food Drive Program and making Sack Lunches for those in need.
Coming soon! Christmas Angels!
Please join us this year as we work together to share God's love, support military families in need, and strengthen our community of faith.
The Christmas Angels Mission
The Angels ministry assists local enlisted families experiencing severe financial hardship. Families stationed here are often unprepared for the high cost of living and the challenges of being separated from the support of family back home.
How We’ll Accomplish our Mission
We partner with Support the Enlisted Project (STEP) to connect with families who are working to stabilize their financial situations, with the goal of becoming debt-free and self-sufficient. With your help, we’ll ‘adopt’ these families for Christmas and provide:
• Christmas dinner- a turkey + all the fixings for a holiday meal
• Gifts for all members of the families
• Bible storybooks for the children
• Commissary gift cards
• And the prayers and compassion of our congregation.
Sunday November 12, in the Courtyard: Food Drive Begins
Calvary’s youth will staff the tables in the courtyard and help you adopt the non-perishable foods needed to make a complete Christmas dinner for each family.
Please stop by to see how you can help!
Volunteering at TACO
Prayer Shawl Ministry and Quilting for Uplifting
Helping Afghan Refugees: Download information about local efforts here.
Helping Ukrainians: Lutheran Disaster Response is accompanying our companion churches in Ukraine, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia, as well as such ecumenical partners as the Lutheran World Federation and Church World Service, in their humanitarian responses to the crisis. These partners provide refugees with immediate support and supplies such as food, blankets, water and hygiene kits. For more information, go to: Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (elca.org).
Join a ministry team:
- Children, Youth & Family Ministry: this team of youth and adults mobilizes people and families for spiritual growth, community, and service through age-specific ministries.
- Faith Formation Ministry: teach classes or facilitate small group ministry
- Lay Care Ministry: visit those who are homebound or in recovery from an illness or surgery
- Parish Nurse Ministry: provides education, including CPR; health counseling, patient advocacy, help with referrals, a health screening team, emergency response team, and facilitates the development of support groups. This ministry seeks to promote understanding of the relationship between faith and help.
- Prayer Shawl Ministry: learn how to knit prayer shawls and blankets to give to those in need of comfort and prayer
- Worship Ministry: participate in worship services by becoming an usher, a reader, a sound board operator, an acolyte, or part of the altar preparations team
- Welcome Ministry: work with others to make sure our campus and organization are a welcoming community to all
- Music Ministry: modern instrumental and vocal ensemble group, women's choir, soloists, create a group
- Mission Outreach Ministry: coordinates service in and with our local and global communities.
For information email Teresa.
All materials, a script, and the station manual will be provided.