Serve at Calvary and in the community.
Make a difference in the world that God made by volunteering at any time. We have opportunities for you to join us in service in-person and on-campus throughout the week (while doing so safely under Covid-19 restrictions). You can also serve the church and community online on the weekend and throughout the week. We are able to offer you one-on-one coaching or small group training, while adhering to safe physical distancing guidelines of online via video conferencing.
It's Christmas Angels Time!!!
The Angels ministry assists local enlisted families experiencing severe financial hardship. Families stationed here are often unprepared for the high cost of living and the challenges of being separated from the support of family back home. Recent inflation has made ‘making ends meet’ even more difficult.
We partner with Support the Enlisted Project (STEP) to assist families while they work to stabilize their financial situation. Some are participating in STEP’s financial literacy course, with the goal of becoming debt-free and self-sufficient.
This year we’ll help enlisted families stay on budget by adopting them for Christmas. With your generosity we’ll provide:
- Christmas dinner boxes that include a turkey
- Gifts for all members of the families
- Bible storybooks for the children
- Commissary gift cards
- The prayers and compassion of our congregation
2022 Christmas Angels Calendar
- Sunday, Nov 13, Courtyard. Food Drive - Calvary’s youth will assist you! Adopt non-perishable foods for the Christmas dinner boxes or supplies needed for gift wrapping.
- Sunday, Nov 20, Courtyard. Food Drive continues.
- Thanksgiving week. Adopt by Email. We’ll email the wish lists. Choose an individual or a family & shop the Black Friday sales.
- Sunday, Nov 27, Courtyard. Food and Supplies are due today. Please drop off your donations in the courtyard.
- Sunday, Nov 27, Courtyard. Family adoptions! Adopt an individual or a family and share your love by providing their gifts.
- Sunday, Dec 4, Courtyard. Family adoptions continue. Last chance to adopt!
- Sunday, Dec 11, Courtyard. All gifts are due today. Drop off in the courtyard.
The Angels' busy week begins! Sign up in the courtyard for these activities. Then join the cheerful camaraderie as we pull it all together for the Angel families.
- Tuesday, Dec 13, Gathering Room. Organizing Gifts, 9:00 am-noon. We’ll organize the gifts by family and make sure everything is tagged and ready for gift wrapping.
- Wednesday, Dec 14 and Thursday, Dec 15. Do you love to shop? Help us by picking up a few last- minute gifts. We’ll provide a shopping list and a gift card to cover costs. You shop on your own schedule and drop off gifts by Friday, Dec 16.
- Saturday, Dec 17, Gathering Room. Gift Wrapping Extravaganza! 9:00 am-noon. Men and women. Boys and girls. All are welcome!
Whatever time you can give is appreciated.
- Sunday, Dec 18, Lower Parking Lot. Deliver gifts to an Angel family. We’ll load your car with foods and gifts, and provide contact info and details on the family you’ll deliver to. You meet the family and experience feelings of joy and gratitude for days!
One area of focus for our Mission Outreach ministry is Food Insecurity. Check out these videos showing our Calvary Cares Food Drive Program and making Sack Lunches for those in need.
Click here for Calvary Cares Food Items Needed, Showers of Blessings Clothing Needs and Volunteer Roles. Email Teresa Kaldor for questions and information on other projects.
Volunteering at TACO
Prayer Shawl Ministry and Quilting for Uplifting
Helping Afghan Refugees: Download information about local efforts here.
Helping Ukrainians: Lutheran Disaster Response is accompanying our companion churches in Ukraine, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia, as well as such ecumenical partners as the Lutheran World Federation and Church World Service, in their humanitarian responses to the crisis. These partners provide refugees with immediate support and supplies such as food, blankets, water and hygiene kits. For more information, go to: Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (elca.org).
Join a ministry team:
- Children, Youth & Family Ministry: this team of youth and adults mobilizes people and families for spiritual growth, community, and service through age-specific ministries.
- Faith Formation Ministry: teach classes or facilitate small group ministry
- Lay Care Ministry: visit those who are homebound or in recovery from an illness or surgery
- Parish Nurse Ministry: provides education, including CPR; health counseling, patient advocacy, help with referrals, a health screening team, emergency response team, and facilitates the development of support groups. This ministry seeks to promote understanding of the relationship between faith and help.
- Prayer Shawl Ministry: learn how to knit prayer shawls and blankets to give to those in need of comfort and prayer
- Worship Ministry: participate in worship services by becoming an usher, a reader, a sound board operator, an acolyte, or part of the altar preparations team
- Welcome Ministry: work with others to make sure our campus and organization are a welcoming community to all
- Music Ministry: modern instrumental and vocal ensemble group, women's choir, soloists, create a group
- Mission Outreach Ministry: coordinates service in and with our local and global communities.
For information email Teresa.
All materials, a script, and the station manual will be provided.