Connect with God and others in Authentic Relationships
Christian faith formation is a lifelong journey.
Then he got up and rebuked the wind and the waves, and it was completely calm.
We are in the midst of a storm. The COVID-19 pandemic has changed our lives and has disrupted the rhythm we have enjoyed for so long. Fear not, Jesus is in our boat. We here at Calvary are a faith community that stands to meet the needs of others. Below are some resources we invite parents to explore.
- Children & Family E-News. This weekly contains parenting tips, spiritual conversation starters, event information, and things to do as a family. To see the latest edition click here.
- Parent Forum. This weekly online forum occurs Monday nights at 8:30 PM on our Zoom platform. This is just an opportunity to connect with other parents, sharing needs and responding to each other. To join click here and enter parent in the subject.
- COVID-19. Click here for reliable and up to date information concerning the pandemic and how our San Diego community is responding.
- Calvary Bulletin Board. Click here to communicate or respond to the needs that our church family or community may have. This bulletin board is a free, secure service that will not fill up your inbox. No need to register or sign in and you can choose to receive an email for newly posted messages -- just click the "Get email" button when you get there.
Faith Formation for Youth
- Confirmation classes for seventh and eighth graders meet regularly on Wednesday evenings, 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- Middle School students meet for fellowship events with their peers as well as special Middle School Family Fun Events
- Register your student using the Children & Youth Registration Form (this form) and the medical release form.
Faith Formation for Adults
A variety of classes will be offered this year for adults, including:
We have temporarily suspended our face-to-face Sunday morning schedule through April 4 to support the efforts to contain the COVID-19. We are working on an on-line option for our program. Stay tuned.
Sunday Morning Adult Forum:
Discussion Forum by Zoom Sunday 11:15 a.m.
After the Worship Service Sunday, join us via Zoom to discuss the Gospel lesson and Pastor Hand’s sermon. Anyone High School age and up is invited. As it pertains to the Gospel, we will be asking what your reaction would have been if you were there. Regarding Pastor’s sermon, we are looking for your stories.
Look for an email from the church with an invitation to the Zoom session. We welcome guests and visitors! Please email the church office for the meeting information.
Small Group Ministry
- Starting Point Small Groups - 8 sessions/8 weeks.
Not sure about what you believe? Struggling with healthy doubts? Giving Church A Second Chance? Looking to jumpstart your faith and relationship with God? Starting Point is for you!
Starting Point is an 8-week small group experience where you can discuss the questions or concerns you have about faith. Your curiosities and your doubts are welcome into the conversation. If you’re interested in joining the next group, please email Pastor Hand at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church office, 858-755-2855.
- Bible Explorers - Wednesdays, Gathering Room West, 6:30 - 8:00 p.m.
It is never too late to join us!
Do you have a desire to dig deeper into what the Bible teaches? Here is your chance.
We have great discussion and insights as we unearth new treasures every week.
There is fellowship, sharing and caring time, and of course – treats.
We are currently discussing Exodus. It is a great book of stories, history, and lessons about God. It is a critical basis for all that we find in the New Testament and in our Christian beliefs. What must it have been like? Four-hundred years as slaves, spared by the angel of death, chased by one of the best armies in existence, wandering for forty years in the desert, eating bug secretions, striking rocks for water, no maps, and led by a guy with a speech impediment.
- Joyful Bible Belles - first and third Thursdays, 10 am, Gathering Room West. Our Joyful Bible Belles are studying the book of Esther: the story of how one woman made a difference in the lives of many simply by doing what she knew was right. We are on chapters three and four, and it is not too late to join us. Meet in the Gathering Room West. Facilitated by Carole Hildebrand.
- Faith Connections Small Groups