Let's connect during the week.
Christian faith formation is a lifelong journey. That's why we are doing our best to make it easy for you to connect with God and others in authentic relationships throughout the week. No one person is an island and the faith journey is not meant to be done alone, so are working together to make it easier for you to join a faith community in this COVID season and beyond.
Join us Sundays this fall! Beginning Sunday, September 12, KidZone launches a new year! Children 3 years old through 5th grade are invited to connect with other kids and the Bible! Through active, hands-on activities, kids encounter Jesus and learn of the Bible each Sunday. KidZone utilizes drama, science experiments, crafts, games, cooking, music, singing, and much more to open the world of faith, hope, and love to all kids and their families!
Subscribe to the E-news and Weekly Update Here.
1 Corinthians 13 contains some of the most famous words about love ever written. In this Kidzone, kids will have the opportunity to discover what love truly is, and why it is so important. Of all the gifts God has given us, nothing surpasses his love!
- Love is Family Page
- 1 Corinthians 13 Love Is Bible Mazes
- 1 Corinthians 13 Love Is Bible Word Search Puzzles
- 1 Corinthians 13 Love Is Sunday School Crossword Puzzles
- 1 Corinthians 13 Love Is Sunday School Coloring Pages
Sometimes we hear about things that are easy to believe, like Mom telling you dinner tonight is spaghetti. Sometimes, though, we hear things that just sound too good to be true. That was the case for Thomas. So Jesus did something special!
- Doubting Thomas Family Page
- Doubting Thomas Kids Spot The Difference
- Doubting Thomas Coloring Page
- Doubting Thomas Bible Word Search Puzzles
- Doubting Thomas Kidzone Crossword Puzzles
The Woman at the Well
Jesus told the woman at the well that he could give her water that would quench her thirst forever. That would mean she would never have to carry drinking water again! The woman at the well shows us how the love of Jesus and the Good News of the Gospel can shape our lives!
- The Woman at the Well Family Page
- The Woman at the Well Coloring Page A
- The Woman at the Well Coloring Page B
- The Woman at the Well Word Search
- The Woman at the Well Crossword
- The Woman at the Well Maze
The Prodigal Son
The parable of the Prodigal Son teaches us about the love, acceptance, forgiveness, and grace of our Heavenly Father.
- The Prodigal Son Family Page
- The Prodigal Son Bible Mazes
- The Prodigal Son Bible Word Search Puzzles
- The Prodigal Son Kids Spot The Difference
- The Prodigal Son Kidzone Coloring Pages
- The Prodigal Son Kidzone Crossword Puzzles
The Parable of the Lost Sheep & Lost Coin
Luke 15 shows how Jesus and his disciples encountered a man who had been blind. Jesus teaches them about God’s love and repentance by telling two parables about something lost but then found!
- The Lost Sheep and Lost Coin Family Page
- The Lost Sheep and Coin Bible Mazes
- The Lost Sheep and Lost Coin Kidzone Coloring Page 1
- The Lost Sheep and Coin Kidzone Coloring Page 2
- The Lost Sheep and Coin Bible Word Search Puzzles
- The Lost Sheep and Coin Sunday School Crossword Puzzles
Easter Sunday Jesus has Risen!
Jesus defeats sin, death, and the devil and shows us that He is the true God by rising from the dead. We as believers in Jesus have the love, forgiveness, and the promise of eternal life!
- Spark Worship Bulletin, Easter Day (Reader)
- Spark Worship Bulletin, Easter Day (Pre-Reader)
- Jesus' Resurrection Kidzone Coloring Pages
- Jesus' Resurrection Bible Word Search Puzzles
- Jesus' Resurrection Bible Mazes
- Jesus' Resurrection Kidzone Crossword Puzzles
Faith Formation for Youth
Our ministry to high school students and their families includes resourcing parents, retreats, small group Bible studies, community service, and youth gatherings. Contact our Director of Children, Youth, and Family Ministries, Jeff Moeller for more information and the Zoom links!
Beach Volleyball – Sunday, July 11 at 7:00-8:30 PM at Del Mar’s Dog Beach. Students in grades 6-12 come out and join us. Beach campfire afterward. Bring a chair and a mask. Sign up here!
Video & Soundboard Operators
We need your help operating cameras and/or our soundboard at our Sunday worship services. Training is provided. It's a great skill to have. Here's an opportunity to be on a tech crew. Contact Jeff Moeller if interested.
Faith Formation of Adults
LIFE Circles is a small group ministry, that connects 3-8 people to each other and to God's word. We are starting several sermon-based groups in addition to our current affinity-based groups. Our Life Circles meet in seasons (periods of 6 weeks) though some may meet continuously.
LIFE Circles provide a context for people to connect with one another and to build relationships. They provide an opportunity to contemplate faith, experience community, and engage in the Great Commission of making disciples for Jesus Christ. Circles connect weekly, or biweekly, and engage at different levels or intensities, the spiritual disciplines of worship, Bible study, prayer, fellowship, and service. Our LIFE Circles serve the mission of the church, mobilize people for ministry, and are a component of our faith transformation process.
If you would like to join a LIFE Circle simply click on the title. If you need more information concerning LIFE Circles, contact our Director of Children, Youth, and Family Ministries Jeff Moeller at 858-755-2855 or email at Jeffmoeller@calvarylutheranchurch.org.
Connect weekly, reflecting on and discussing previous Sunday's sermon and Gospel readings.
DAYBREAK - led by Mathias Schmidt meets on Mondays at 7:30 am on Calvary's Campus. Bring a chair.
WEEKENDERS -This group meets on Saturdays at 10:30 am on Calvary's campus.
TNT- This group meets on Tuesday nights at 7:00 pm via Zoom.
Connect regularly around an activity or interest, spending time in God's word and prayer.
BIBLE EXPLORERS- This circle connects every Wednesday at 7 PM via Zoom. They are currently exploring the Book of Acts. Bill and Carole Hildebrand lead this experience.
CALVARY CAFE-Bring your beverage of choice and connect with others from Calvary on Tuesdays at 11:30 a.m. through Zoom. Share your highs and lows, daily life, and prayer concerns. This time of fellowship is open to all.
DISCOVER -is a weekly, 6 session fellowship led by Terry Bluemer, Erik Brenner, and Jeff Moeller, encouraged by the scriptures, this circle explores racial inequities and discovers what we each can do to be a bridge between the racial divide in our country. They meet at 6:30-7:30 on the first and third Thursday of each month in the courtyard at Church.
QUILTING FOR UPLIFTING -This is a quilting and sewing circle facilitated by Linda Lum that will meet on Mondays via Zoom.