Calvary Cares Food Shower
As part of Calvary’s ongoing commitment to Solana Vista Elementary School, we will be a providing a number of their families in need with a February food “shower”. In preparation for this, we would appreciate your contributions no later than Sunday morning, February 23rd (Shrove Sunday).
Non-perishable food donations from the following list are welcome (* indicates items of particularly high need per recent Solana Vista input):
· Rice (white & brown, 2-5 lb. pkgs.)*
· Pasta (regular & wheat, 1-2 lb. pkgs.)*
· Tortillas (corn, flour & wheat, 30 count)*
· Oatmeal (unflavored)*
· Cereal (healthy, medium – large boxes)*
· Vegetables (1-2 lb. cans)*
· Tomatoes (diced & pureed 1-2 lb. cans)*
· Vegetable oil (canola; corn; olive)*
· Laundry detergent*
· Beans (dry only, 2-5 lb. pkgs.)*
· Pasta sauce (1-2 lb. cans)*
· Granola bars/cereal bars (10-100 count)
· Canned meats (e.g. chicken & tuna)
· Peanut butter
· Canned fruit
No glass containers please.
Cash or checks (payable to “Calvary Lutheran Church–Calvary Cares”) are useful as well in ensuring we deliver precisely what our families need. Please provide these in the offering plate if you feel so moved. We also welcome your time for those of you interested in making an ongoing commitment to this ministry.
If you have any questions, please contact Steve Kaldor.